Huh?

Huh?
My Cassin's Mickey!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The great outdoors

Dear Mickey,
    I know the recent weather has been rough on you.  No sunshine, no cool breeze coming through the window; just harsh rains and winds.  Of course I know this has made outside time rather difficult.  I applaud your patience for the nice weather we have had these last few days.  You behaved so well at Saunders Springs the last few days.  You were so kind, throwing leaves from my shirt, trying to catch the bugs buzzing about our faces and attempting to clean my ears.  You even marked my shoulder as your comfy spot by pooping down my back.
     I enjoyed the fact that you stop to watch the clouds float on and to watch the treetops sway in the wind.  I like that when people look at you you straighten up and pull your head back with an expression that says "What the hell are you talking about?!"  It has made us and many others laugh!  Your ooooh's and ahhhhhh's at random downed trees and rushing water brought a smile of amusement to my face.  You did not even complain when people did not notice you sitting on my shoulder due to your spectacular behavior.  But most of all, I love the fact that you let the little boy with the walker talk to you and get closer than most strangers.  You may not have let him touch you, but I am sure the experience touched him and his parents.  After all, it IS the thought that counts.
     I also thank you for diminishing your mess for the inspection and keeping me calm by whispering in my ear as I complained about our low-life landlord.  You sure do know what to say....although I can't understand a word.  Either way, it always seems to work.  I just hope that you can do the same Tuesday for the reinspection.  Remember, no biting, just secretive lunging.
As always,
The Fleshy Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment